I can't check open/close times for all of these, but these are the walkable-from-UTC places that I like (or know of):
On campus or might as well be
- Caffe Medici · They have Taco Deli breakfast tacos until 11 am, usually. Taco Deli is amazing.
- Cypress Bend Cafe · On-campus cafe
- Jester City Limits · On-campus food court (just East of the UTC)
- Texas Union · Other on-campus food court (2247 Guadalupe Street)
- Dobie Mall · Off-campus food court (2025 Guadalupe) · Pizza, kebabs, Mexican, Chinese
- The Carillon · Excellent buffet, says Emilie, but slightly pricy: ~$16 / person (in the AT&T center, 1900 University Ave).
Guadalupe, 21st and up (right when coming from the UTC)
Starting from 21st and going further and further away (North).
- Chipotle · (2230 Guadalupe Street)
- Which Wich · Sandwiches. Cutesy order process, but inferior to Potbelly's
- Potbelly Sandwich Works · (2316 Guadalupe Street)
- Madam Mam's Noodles & More · Probably my favorite joint on the strip (2514 Guadalupe Street)
- Austin Pizza · (2324 Guadalupe Street)
- Kismet Cafe · Mediterranean place
- There's also a CVS, Subway, Starbucks, Qdoba, Pita Pit, Spicy Pickle,
- Kerbey Lane · quaint Austin-y stereotype. Open 24 hours, but they will glare at you if you go there to work late.
- The Mellow Mushroom · Rivals Austin Pizza, but I suppose they are very different pizza styles (Mellow is more Chicago-style)
- VERTS · Kebabs. I kind of question the healthiness that their minimalist branding connotes, but the guys running it are super chill.
- Spiderhouse · borderline campus-accessible, but amazing. Open until 2 am (kitchen until midnight). (2908 Fruth Street, which is basically 2908 Guadalupe, but a block East.)
- Still further up: Tom's Tabooley, Wheatsville (grocery store), Thai Kitchen (3009 Guadalupe St, open quite late), Trudy's, Ruby's BBQ, Milto's Mediterranean, and quite a few more.
Guadalupe, South of 21st (left when coming from the UTC)
Starting from 21st and going further and further down.
- Schlotzsky's Deli · (1915 Guadalupe Street)
- Bite Mi · Strange and sometimes delicious little Thai sandwich shop (2002 Guadalupe Street)
- Random others: Veggie Heaven, Flying Falafel & Po' Boys, Domino's Pizza (or some Pizza place like that), Jimmy John's
- Clay Pit · Definitely a considerable walk down Guadalupe, but worth it. Best walkable-from-campus restaurant.
Other fun strips:
- Duval and 30th: (just take Speedway up from the PCL---the library with the big plaza beside the UTC): Sao Paulo, Crown & Anchor, Double Dave's, JP's Java